Venture Out! Guest Service Agent - $16.50 Starting Wage with Housing Aavailable
Come for the Winter, Stay for the Summer!
Venture Out and join USA Today's Top Ski Resort! Perks extend far beyond a free season pass and industry discounts! We provide more than happy hours and thrilling employee events. As a Winter Park family member, you'll receive the experience of a lifetime.
Winter Park Resort is located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains!
Jobs in the Spotlight
Professional work in the Rocky Mountain!
Rocky Mountain Mechanic!
Grooming Operator - Entry to Advanced Levels Needed! Love your job! Love where you live!
Venture Out for the rest of the Winter Season!
Spend your Winter in the Rocky Mountains!
Venture Out to Winter Park for Winter & Spring Season
About Winter Park Resort
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Employee Experience
If you dream of days in the snow-covered mountains, surrounded by great winter activities, and even greater people, then Winter Park Resort is the place for you! We are a community of explorers and adrenaline junkies; sight seers and nature lovers; lifelong skiers and fly fishing fanatics; bikers and peak hikers… The opportunities for mountain adventure are endless, but we all share one common appreciation for this vast and pristine area.
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the experiences that will keep you coming back for more. We work to play... Are you in?
Room and Board
Employee Housing is available near Winter Park Resort in the Grandy County area. Employee housing is not guaranteed but rather on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We encourage you to visit our employee housing webpage for further information.
If you would prefer to find your own accommodations, the best sources to find housing in the area are Grand County Online Garage Sale Facebook Page, craigslist.org, or skyhidailynews.com. Be sure to check the towns of Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, and Granby, which are within 20 minutes of Winter Park Resort.
All paid employees are entitled to the following benefits at Winter Park Resort. You must present your employee pass to receive these deals! Unless noted, discounts are for the employee only, not dependents.
** All Perks and Benefits subject to change. **
Season Pass Benefits:
- FREE direct to lift access to Winter Park Resort and Steamboat Resort (no Real Deal required)
- Dependent Passes: $0 fee for Full Time employees
- Dependent Passes: $25 fee for Part Time employees
- Dependent Passes: $50 fee for Temporary or On-Call employees
Discount Friends and Family Vouchers:
- All Full-time and Part-time employees receive 12 discounted $25 Lift Ticket vouchers and 8 discounted $5 Tubing Hill vouchers to share with friends and family, redeemable at Winter Park and/or Steamboat Resort. Temporary or On-Call employees do not receive any discount vouchers
- These vouchers are not to be sold or traded. Violation of this policy is grounds for immediate termination.
- All vouchers will be loaded onto employee passes. You can take your pass and scan a voucher or print them via RTP at Guest Services or HR (back to the original method).
Active employees receive FREE skiing/riding at the following resorts:
Real Deals will not have any blackout dates this year. Come to HR or your department manager for a Real Deal. You must have your pass or picture of your pass to get a Real Deal.
- Real Deal: Arapaho Basin, Copper Mountain, Ski Cooper, Loveland, Echo Mountain, Eldora Mountain, Purgatory at Durango, Powderhorn, Aspen (inclusive of Highlands, Snowmass, Buttermilk), Sunlight, Telluride, Ski Granby Ranch, Howlsen Hill - *50% off for Dependents*
- Private Exchange: Angel Fire, NM; Monarch, CO, Taos, NM; and Snowy Range, WY - *50% off for Dependents*
Grand Foundation Medallion: YMCA Snow Mountain Ranch, Devil’s Thumb Ranch.
- NOTE: Exchange is limited to 2 uses per day for entire resort. See Human Resources for all details about reservations and regulations.
- Alterra Letter of Introduction/AMC Pass: All active full and part time employees and their dependents can ski free at each of our resorts under Alterra. A list of these resorts can be found on page 2.
- Ikon Letter: All active full and part time employees can ski at any IKON partner resort at ½ off window ticket price. A list of these resorts can be found on page 2. No dependent discounts for Ikon.
Alterra Team Employee Pass Exchange (Free Entry to Any Alterra Mtn. Resort except CMH)
Alterra Mt Co Resorts (Employees + Dependents)
50% Off Employee Pass Partners (Employees Only)
Mammoth, Snow Summit, Big Bear, Palisades Tahoe, June Mountain, Crystal Mountain
The Summit at Snoqualmie
Deer Valley, Steamboat, Solitude
Jackson Hole, Big Sky Resort, Snowbird, Alta, Brighton
Killington, Sugarbush, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon Mountain
Blue Mountain, Tremblant
**does not include CMH**
Ski Big 3 (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Norquay), Revelstoke, Cypress Mountain
Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands
Niseko United, Thredbo, Mt Buller, Valle Nevado, Zermatt, Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt
Food & Beverage Discounts:
- 50% discount at Moffat Market, Snoasis, Mary Jane Café and Sunspot Provisioner.
- 25% discount at Doc’s Roadhouse, Club Car, Lunch Rock Café, Derailer, Bradleys, Pepperonis, 5 Mountain Tavern, and Starbucks.
- Does not include alcoholic beverages, or retail items.
- Employees are eligible for discounts to our various lodging locations. Contact the Winter Park Call Center at (866) 260-6303 for current rates and availability. Restrictions apply.
- 20% discounts on advanced reservations depending on availability.
- 50% discounts for walk-in same day check-in after 4PM at The Vintage Hotel depending on availability.
Rental and Retail Discounts: Retail: 30% discount on all full price retail purchases, 20% off all full price hard good purchases, and 10% discount on all reduced-price retail purchases (excludes hard goods and electronics). Everyday promo deals through Mountain Essentials.
- Rental: 50% off Premium Ski/Snowboard Rentals for the employees only; based upon availability, must be reserved 72 hours in advance. Free fleet rentals via the Employee Rental Program. See last page for more details.
- Tune and Repair Services: Take your employee season pass to the West Portal Tune Shop for one free tune. After your free tune you'll receive 50% discount on tunes and 30% discount on repairs. Please expect a 7-day turnaround and refrain from weekends/holiday drop off.
Ski and Ride School:
- For Employees Only:
- Free ½ Day Group Lessons
- Must be one paying guest in lesson
- Email KPrograms@winterparkresort.com to reserve a spot.
- For Eligible Dependents of Employees (spouse and/or children of the employee):
- 50% off daily lessons
- 50% off Kids’ Multi-Week Programs ages 6+
- 5 pack of kid lessons for $279 ages 6+
Contact Ski & Ride School for details and/or to sign up at KPrograms@winterparkresort.com
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Winter Park Resort has contracted with local Mental Health Professionals to provide up to 3 annual confidential counseling sessions to active employees and their immediate family members. Visit the Employee Portal Perks & Benefits page or stop by the Human Resources office for more information.
Employee Child Care Services
- Child Care is available on a space available basis for infants, toddlers and pre-school ages 2 months to 5 years through the Early Education Center (EEC). Open Monday – Friday. Call 970-726-1507 for details.
Other Employee Benefits
- Direct Deposit into your preferred bank account(s).
- 401(k) Savings Program with a match up to 4%; all employees are eligible after 1st of the month following 1 month of employment – must be 21 years old
- Mountain Essentials discounted outerwear.
- Pro Deals: www.expertvoice.com provides our employees deep discount access to industry purchase programs. Information available on the Portal or in-person at Human Resources. To access your benefits, follow these instructions:
- Login or sign up at www.ExpertVoice.com
- Search for ‘Winter Park Resort Employees’ and follow the sign-up flow.
- A Team Manager will review and approve/deny your application or request additional information.
- After setting up your account, feel free to contact Member Services if you have any questions: 866-376-4685 | firstname.lastname@example.org
PerkSpot: Company perks and deals, as well as other industry discounts
- To sign up, visit https://alterra.perkspot.com and “Create an Account”
- (IMP) Initial Measurement Period
- This is the 12-month timeframe for a newly hired seasonal employee. Within those first 12 months, if 1,560 hours of work have been met, the seasonal employee would be reclassified to benefit eligible beginning the 1st of the following month. If they meet 1,560 hours before 12 months is up, they still must wait for the 13th month to enroll.
- (SMP) Standard Measurement Period
- October 1 – September 30 for benefits effective January 1.
- Once you’ve passed your IMP, you fall into the SMP. The SMP runs annually from 10/01 – 09/30 for benefits effective 1/1. You must have 1,560 hours to maintain benefits (every year). If you fall under that amount, you’ll lose benefits on 1/1. If you are a seasonal employee and meet those hours, you will be eligible to enroll in benefits during open enrollment (October), and begin benefits on 1/1.
- 1,560 = 40 hours/week for 9 months, or 30 hours/week for 12 months. It can be any variation if within the 12 months. The big thing to take away, is you must work 1,560 hours in those 12 months. All hours count, regular, sick, vacation, etc.
- You can run a report in UltiPro to see where your hours are at any time. Go to https://n32.ultipro.com à Menu à Myself à Time and Attendance à My Reports à WP-Work Summary Report
Discounts for Winter Park Employees visiting Steamboat
- Lodging: Discounted room rates at the Steamboat Grand may be available. Call: 877-269-2628
- Food & Beverage:
- 50% discount at Thunderhead, Rendezvous and Four Points Food Courts, Gondola Joe’s, Geano’s and Grand Café.
- 30% discount at Stoker, Hazie’s, Ragnar’s, The Bear River Bar & Grill, Four Points fine dining, The Cabin and Chaps.
- Western BBQ also offers special employee discount.
- Rental: Specific Rates and types of equipment change periodically. Please present employee pass to find out more information on possible discounts
- Retail: 30% discount on Soft Goods 20% discount on Hard Goods
No employee discounts available during holiday periods (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, MLK, Valentine’s, President’s Day, Easter, etc.)
Getting Here and Getting Around
Home James Shuttle:
- Cost- Approximately $76
- Departure from Denver International Airport
- Cost- Approximately $20
- 9:45 am from Denver Union Station
- There is a shuttle that will bring you here from the airport for $9
- Drops off in downtown Winter Park.
- Cost- Approximately $46
- 8:05 am departure from Denver Union Station
- There is a shuttle that will bring you here from the airport for $9
- Drops off in downtown Fraser.
- Flat rate of roughly $130
- Good option for multiple arrivals
Transportation once you arrive:
- In town, the free shuttle called "The Lift" provides transportation between Winter Park Resort and the town of Fraser, which includes stops along employee housing locations and businesses.
No matter the season, America's top adventure town will always keep you busy!
Enjoy a variety of fun activities this winter such as:
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Coca-Cola Tubing
- Ice Skating
- Snowshoe Tours
- Ski and Fat Biking
- Snowcat Adventures
- Live Music
- Mountaintop Après
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Scenic Gondola Rides
- Ice Bumper Cars
- Monthly Employee Gatherings