Security position available in fun mountain setting!
Fun and beautiful mountain resort near Salt Lake City!
- Park City, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide security, surveillance, and first response for Deer Valley property and persons. Assist other departments in operations and security matters.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to drive a vehicle in winter conditions and at night
- Must be able to work from heights, i.e. ladders needed to access light fixtures
- Will be required to sit, stand, walk upstairs/downstairs, walk outdoors, and walk through snow
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must be physically capable of accessing all buildings and areas of the resort
- Self-motivated with a friendly demeanor, willing to learn a variety of tasks and possess good communication skill with guests and employees
- Individual will provide their own hand tools necessary to perform at the level for which they are hired
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrol Deer Valley property and call police in case of disorderly conduct, suspicious activities, persons or vehicles
- Make sure windows and doors are locked in unoccupied spaces
- May be required to escort public or staff
- Pick-up and deliver company mail
- Aid and assist customers, with the exception of car problems
- Repair/install door/window locks and hardware
- Activate or disable all alarm systems (Fire, burglar, etc…) as needed
- Identify, repair/troubleshoot/replace components of alarm systems
- Locate all main electrical switches, water valves, drain valves, gas valves, automatic fire extinguishers, manual fire extinguishers, alarm devices, entrances/exits in the event of an emergency of any type
- Review surveillance tapes, and provide maintenance and cleaning of surveillance equipment/cameras
- Perform maintenance on doors and windows as they pertain to security, i.e. properly opens/closes, properly lock/unlock, ensure public entrances/exits are properly adjusted and clear
- Vehicle maintenance in accordance with departmental expectations: proper operator checkout of vehicle prior to use (at the beginning of each shift), able to change a flat tire, able to add air to tires, able to add fluids/fuel to vehicle, able to wash and clean vehicle, able to make determinations when maintenance is required
The resort operates seven days a week. Work schedules will include weekends, on call, holidays, early mornings, and night shifts. Employee must be willing to work various shifts.