Join the world of boating on Lake Superior - create a career as a marine technician!
Small town living on the Big Lake.
- Washburn, Wisconsin
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Washburn Marina is looking to add a Full Time Marine Service Technician. Located in northern WI on Lake Superior, we offer a desirable location to live and relocate to. Our service facility and indoor heated storage are the largest in the area, providing the ability to offer outstanding service and high-quality projects and output. Service techs work on powerboats and sailboats of all sizes, ranging from 20’ to over 80’. We provide engine mechanical service on inboard, I/O, and outboards, fiberglass/gel coat and painting services, electrical systems and electronics, as well as general boat systems. Ongoing training and education is provided. Our motto is “Working to keep the FUN in boating for our customers”, we like to keep the fun in our workplace too.
Professional customer service with professional results is our primary goal. To provide this level of service, technicians must be able to:
- Diagnose vessel issues and problem solve
- Repair vessel in a safe and efficient manner
- Communicate with marina staff regarding parts needs and job progress
- Accurately estimate labor time
- Professionally and effectively use time
- Have the ability to work in a variety of work conditions – weather, space, and physical demands
- Work on multiple work orders, change from job to job as timing and parts availability arise
- Provide high-end customer service, focusing on professional output and presentation
- Marine experience on boats
- Mechanical background and aptitude
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Own basic tool set up
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Able to work in team environment
Salary based on skill level.