Can't get enough outdoors or fishing? Join our team as a Fishing Guide!
A luxury ranch resort situated on 37,000-acres in central, western Montana.
- Greenough, Montana
- $19.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Apr 01, 2022)
ABOUT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP
The Resort at Paws Up is America’s premier luxury ranch resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of the American West with constant innovation and evolution to deliver the quintessential luxury experience for affluent and influential travelers from all over the world. It’s a family owned and award-winning destination that truly inspires.
The Resort at Paws Up is looking for experienced fishing guides with an extensive background in fly-fishing. Fishing guides share knowledge of the rivers of the region, entomology, and fishing techniques to guests while creating lasting memories for them. Safety is a high priority during instruction and fishing expeditions.
We are seeking outgoing, customer-focused candidates with a strong work ethic to join our Activities department for our summer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach fly fishing fundamentals, including fly casting and fly-fishing, to a wide range of ages and abilities while adhere to the rules and regulations of the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Department, and the Montana Board of Outfitters.
- Instruct guests in the art of fly fishing, river etiquette and wildlife of the area.
- Conduct fly fishing excursions in a variety of settings, including in a floating raft.
- Preform safety and instruction of each guided activity to participants.
- Navigate and row a drift boat or raft efficiently and safely.; Pilot a river raft down Class II and (very limited) Class III whitewater.
- Understand river morphology, whitewater rescue techniques, and proper river etiquette.
- Share passion for the outdoors and Western Montana with guests.
- Operate company vehicles properly.
- Perform physical and administrative duties for the preparation and end of each activity expedition.; Assist in lunch presentation and preparation.
- Work closely with Activities management, co-workers and other departments on providing effective communication, planning, and organization to ensure all activity needs are met.
- Remain calm under pressure; handle crisis management as it unfolds and remain flexible to change as events happen.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Assist in other activity assignments and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License; Meet company driving policy
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fly fishing and instruction
- Experience in navigation of a raft and/or drift boat
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually
- Friendly and professional manner with guest, team members, and management
- Valid Montana Fishing and Conservation License
The positions offered are seasonal, full-time located in Greenough, MT. The Resort at Paws Up offers great benefits including carpool reimbursement, company shuttle from Missoula, MT, employee discounts, employee meals, and more! For more information about Paws Up, visit www.pawsup.com.
How to Apply
To apply, please click APPLY NOW or visit the following web link: